Monday, July 1, 2013

Pico de Gallo


As I promised I have the Pico de Gallo! I know I said I would post this a few days ago, but things have been crazy! I feel like my weekends are sometimes busier than the rest of my week. I threw this dinner party Saturday, it was basically my final for my International Foods class. We had to cost out, decorate and throw an international dinner for 6 people. I chose Thailand and it was so much fun! I will have recipes and pictures for you next week and I will go more into everything I did then! Anyway I spent most of Friday and Saturday prepping for that. I did most of the cooking myself! Like I said...crazy!



                                       
So Pico de Gallo....easy peasy (spelling? I don't think I've ever written that out before haha). Here is the most simple recipe you will ever encounter!



Pico de Gallo

Ingredients:

5 jalapenos-chopped
                    seeded or not. your choice. Seeded will make it less spicy, but where's the fun in that?
3 tomatoes-chopped
1/2 white onion-diced
1/4 bunch cilantro-chopped
1-2 cloves garlic-minced
garlic salt to taste
1 lime juiced
1-3 cubes of ice
                  depending on how big your cubes of ice are. The ice is the key to enhancing the flavors. It helps bring everything out and just taste amazing!


Alright..here's the hard part....

Directions:

Add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir. Let sit for 10-20 minutes in the refrigerator. 

 AND...done. Told you it was hard! (yes, there is heavy sarcasm there). Seriously easy and seriously amazing. Try this tonight!


HAPPY EATING!!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Janelle, this is just what I needed for all my tomatoes I am getting from the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I am so glad I could help! Enjoy! :)

      Delete