Thursday, June 27, 2013

Yummy Summer Salsa

So yesterday in my International Foods class we headed off to Mexico! I'm telling you we had some awesome food. I made the Salsas! It was so much fun and I have now acquired two new amazing salsa recipes! These salsas are super practical and you can make them super fast (depending on how fast you chop haha for me that means it takes a little longer).

 By the way neither of these salsas are very hot (for all you with tender palates out there)! I love love super hot salsa so to put this in perspective, my husband swears they are not that hot, and I promise he is kind of wimpy when it comes to spicy foods! However, if you are like me and can take the heat ;-) these salsas are super customizable and you can make them as hot as you want them!!

My beautiful creations!


So today I am going to give you the Avocado Chile Salsa recipe and tomorrow I will post the Pico de Gallo recipe!

Avocado Chile Salsa

Ingredients:

1 whole red onion--quartered and finely sliced
2 whole red chilies--seeded and sliced or diced
1 whole lime--zested and juiced
2 whole large avocados--halved and pitted
2 large tomatoes--seeded and diced
1 large handful of cilantro leaves
TT salt and ground black pepper

Directions:

1. Put the onion, chile, and half of the lime juice into a bowl and set aside to marinate for a few minutes.

2. Using a spoon, scoop out small balls of avocado into a serving bowl. Add the lime zest and remaining juice and turn gently to coat. This will help stop the avocado from browning.

3. Add the diced tomatoes to the onion mixture, toss gently, then add the avocado mixture. Tear the cilantro over the top and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.


See! Easy! Told you lol 

Try this with you next meal. Top a taco or enchilada, or serve as an appetizer with tortilla chips. No matter how you eat it, it is awesome!! Let me know how you tried it and how it was! I want to know, and don't forget to come back tomorrow for the delicious Pico de Gallo recipe!

You do not want to miss it!




 HAPPY EATING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment